Ad ID: 3625
Added: May 4, 2019
Sale Price: $74017
Regular Price: $74017
Location: United States
Woolly Gospel Singing & Dessert Social
Saturday, June 8th, 2019 1:00 pm – 4:00pm
• Gospel Singing & Picking at Shepherd’s Cross, an authentic working sheep farm, just north of Claremore, OK, on Scenic Route 66. Families, church groups, and individuals welcome.
• Simply come, listen and enjoy or participate.
• Musicians needed! Bring your musical instrument, your voice & favorite songs. Pick, sing & play together – like in the good ‘old days!
o Participants that call in advance to register will be given priority. Our roster fills up quickly. However, we will accept musicians that simply show up on the date.
o We love to play music together.
o Gospel, Country Christian, Worship and Hymns.
• Music will be located indoors, downstairs in the Tour Barn and the Silo.
• Bring a potluck Dessert to share – or share some of ours.
• Donations are welcome – suggested donation of $5 per person.
• Come when you can . . . . Leave when you must.
• Tour the educational & interactive Farm Museum and Silo.
• Tour the Bible Garden – guided or self-guided tours.
• Concomitantly is the “Spin–n Knit-In” – enjoy the music while working on a handiwork project or enjoy watching hand spinners spinning yarn and making finished projects.
• Shepherd’s Shop will be open, featuring a host of “woolly” and farm related handmade gifts made by Shepherd’s Cross and over 50 local crafters; farm fresh meat, Amish jams, health foods, yarns, and much more! Additionally the shop features a mission section; purchases made in this section of the store return 100% of the sale price to the indigenous people that made them (countries include Afghanistan, Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Malawi, Uganda and more).
• Shepherd’s Cross features farm fresh, Animal Welfare Approved, pasture raised, free range, chemical free American lamb & beef; yarn, yarn, & more yarn – natural, chemical free, many types, produced and processed on the farm. Shepherd’s Cross also offers roving, batts, felting supplies, spinning and weaving supplies and much more.
• Fiber Arts, Animal Husbandry & Shearing lessons available at the farm throughout the year.
• Shepherd’s Cross is home to a non-profit Christian organization “Heart of the Shepherd,” that hosts the event.
• Picnic area is available; bring your picnic with you; limited seating.
• Snack and beverage concessions are available on site.
• Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility.
For more information please visit our website: www.ShepherdsCross.com or facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdsCross
Shepherd’s Cross & Heart of the Shepherd
16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
Dr. Diane Dickinson, president & executive director