Ad ID: 3711
Added: May 24, 2019
Sale Price: $74017
Regular Price: $179.00
Location: United States
Price is per: Price is per
PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
o Need a respite from the challenges of life? Join us for a peace filled learning experience.
o Can’t seem to find the time? Join us and learn several techniques in one weekend.
o Need a relaxing new hobby? Fiber work is soothing and wonderful.
o Great weekend “getaway” with family or friends.
What: Fiber Fest Weekend Retreat
• Learn how to process fiber (any kind of fiber – we will teach with wool).
• Includes all of our 3 single day workshops, for a discount, in one super fiber weekend.
• Lessons will include washing, dying, wet felting, carding, picking, spindling, spinning, needle felting and weaving.
• No hidden fees, rental fees or materials fees. All are included in the package.
• Each participant will take home several finished products. We provide all materials.
• Retreat fee: $179 (all three days), a $43 savings compared to taking individual classes.
Any Single Day of the Retreat is available for $74 per day.
When: June 20, 21 & 22, 2019 – Thursday, Friday, & Saturday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Shepherd’s Cross 16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
• Bring a sack lunch each day. We provided snacks and beverages at breaks (twice daily).
• Class minimum of two people. Class max of 20 people.
• Our classes go a step farther than regular classes – we teach some history of fiber arts, and practical technology.
• Retreats are augmented by hands on learning tools available in the Educational Farm Museum and with a collection of fiber arts from around the world.
• Shepherd’s Cross offers these and other classes year round, on an individual or group basis.
• Shepherd’s Cross is the only Animal Welfare Approved sheep farm in Oklahoma and processes the only Animal Welfare Approved fiber sold in the U.S. (that is chemical free, hormone free, free range, natural).
• Heart of the Shepherd, is a non-profit organization (501-C3) that operates at the farm and establishes wool mills in remote, impoverished areas around the world. Heart of the Shepherd teaches Biblical references to the harvest, the animals, farming and gardening.
• Shepherd’s Cross hosts a mini wool mill, processing the wool from their 200+ sheep on site.
• The Bible Garden is available for guided or self-guided tours; audio or visual or both.
• Shepherd’s Shop is open Tuesday through Saturday 8:30 – 5:30, year round (closed some holidays).
• Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company.
• Facebook link for more information:
• To find out more information about our woolly events please visit our website:
o www.ShepherdsCross.com – simply click “classes” on the home page
Shepherd’s Cross & Heart of the Shepherd
Dr. Diane Dickinson